MACLEVI PROJECTS LIMITED STANDARD ORGANIZATION PROCEDURE ON ENERGY CONSERVATION
This Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) outlines the procedures workers are responsible for following to ensure consistency with the MacLevi Projects Limited Environmental Management System (EMS). This SOP provides guidance on procedures and practices to improve energy conservation.
- Minimize the wasteful consumption of natural resources, including raw materials, supplies and energy
- Re-use and recycle where possible
- Consider energy-saving schemes such as the use of inverters
- Where practical, replace obsolete or faulty equipment with more energy efficient equipment
- Avoid leaving equipment running when not in use
- Reduce heat loss from buildings
- Turn down thermostats at the end of the day or when areas will not be used for several hours or more
- Turn off lights in areas at the end of the day or when areas will not be used for an hour or more
- Use energy-efficient lighting
- Consider the use of cost effective, alternate energy sources
- Identify and document potential energy-saving measures and submit these to your Team Lead or Supervisor.