MACLEVI PROJECTS LIMITED STRATEGIES ON EMISSION REDUCTION ON TRANSPORTATION
Maclevi Projects Limited is very much aware that transport represents the sector with the fastest growing greenhouse gas emissions around the world. Our objective is to reduce energy usage and associated greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation.
Below are some of the strategies MacLevi Projects Limited have put in place to reduce transportation emission.
- Alternatives to driving: When possible, employees are to walk or ride a bike in order to avoid carbon emissions completely. Carpooling and public transportation drastically reduce CO2 emissions by spreading them out over many riders.
- Company Pool vehicles are fuel efficient vehicle: All vehicles purchased by the company have an estimated miles–per–gallon rating.
- Get a hitch-mounted cargo rack: The Company don’t buy a minivan or SUV if we don’t need 4WD and/or will only occasionally need the extra space. A receiver hitch and a rack like this one only cost less. Avoid roof-top boxes, which cost much more, increase aerodynamic drag, and decrease fuel economy.
- Employees are to drive less and drive smart. No speeding as speeding and unnecessary acceleration reduce mileage by up to 33%, waste gas and money, and increase your carbon emissions.
- Employees are encouraged to always drive properly inflated tires as properly inflated tires improve gas mileage by up to 3%. It also helps to use the correct grade of motor oil, and to keep your engine tuned, because some maintenance fixes, like fixing faulty oxygen sensors, can increase fuel efficiency by up to 40%.
- When necessary we combine errands to make fewer trips. Remove excess weight from the car.
- Employees are encouraged to avoid flying when possible, fly less frequently, fly shorter distances, and fly economy class as often as necessary.
- We encourage our employees to take fewer and longer vacations that are far away, and more frequent and driveable “staycations” closer to home.
- We encourage remote meetings by increasing our use of video-conferencing tools like Skype, micro Soft Teams etc.
- Turn off lights in the office during the day and use the natural daylight. We turn off all lights when we are leaving the office.
- By replacing incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent or LED